Admission to B.Tech programmes offered at Amrita Schools of Engineering – Amaravati, Amritapuri, Bengaluru, Chennai, Coimbatore campuses for the academic year 2019 – 20 is through:
- Amrita Entrance Examination – Engineering 2019 (70% of seats) Based on the rank scored in the Amrita Entrance Examination – Engineering 2019 conducted by Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham in two modes: Computer Based Test (CBT) and Pen & Paper Test (PPT). While CBT is conducted in 100+ centers across the country, PPT is conducted only in the state of Tamil Nadu.
- Joint Entrance Examination Mains 2019 (30% of seats) Based on the rank scored in JEE Mains 2019 (one of the sessions).
A candidate can choose to apply through one of the above modes or both.
ELIGIBILITY & CRITERIA FOR ADMISSION TO B.TECH PROGRAMME
Age: Candidates, whose date of birth falls on or after 1st July, 1998.
Educational Qualification: A pass in 10 + 2 (Class XII) or its equivalent examination with minimum 60% aggregate of marks in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry with not less than 55% in each of these three subjects.
ABOUT AMRITA ENTRANCE EXAMINATION – ENGINEERING 2019
Mode of Examination: Amrita Entrance Examination – Engineering 2019 is conducted in two modes:
• Computer Based Test (CBT), on 5 days with 3 slots on each day
• Pen & Paper Test (PPT), conducted only in Tamil Nadu, one slot on one day.
Both CBT and PPT are of 2 and half hour duration Number of questions: Total 100, 30 each from Physics & Chemistry, 40 from Mathematics.
• October 19th2018: Commencement of Online Application Submission
• April 5th 2019: Commencement of slot booking for CBT
• April 10th 2019: Application submission, slot booking closes for CBT April 25th 2019: Application submission closes for PPT
• April 22nd to 26th, 2019: CBT – 3 slots each of 2.5 hrs duration
• April 27th 2019: Pen & Paper Test – one slot of 2.5 hrs duration (10:00 to 12:30 hrs)
• May 5th 2019: Publication of AEEE Results
• May 5th to 8th 2019: Option open to submit / change the academic preference & profile data. No more change in data is allowed after the 8th of May. Candidates are required to enter the JEE Score on or before May 8th 2019.
• May 10th 2019: Trial Allotment, clarification of doubts, etc. This is for both the modes – AEEE and JEE.
• May 20th 2019: Last date to pay the fees for candidates satisfied with the first allotment.
• May 25th 2019: Second Allotment: Allotment to those who opted for sliding and those who are below the last rank in the first allotment.
• May 30th 2019: Last date to pay the fees for candidates satisfied with second allotment.
• June 5th 2019: Third Allotment: Allotment to those who opted for sliding and those who are below the last rank in the second allotment.
• June 10th 2019: Last date to pay the fees for candidates satisfied with the branches allotted in the third allotment. Candidates shall update their +2 marks in the application portal on or before June 10th.
• June 15th to June 25th 2019: Verification of documents & filling the vacant seats. Candidates who have paid the fees shall produce the qualifying examination documents in original in order to complete the admission requirements.