Admission For B Stat (Hons.),
B Math (Hons.)
Applications are invited from eligible candidates for admission to the Degree and Diploma programmes as well as Junior Research Fellowships offered by the Indian Statistical Institute. Candidates who are due to complete the qualifying examination before 01 July, 2018 may also apply. Stipends/Fellowships as mentioned against each programme will be available to the deserving candidates subject to satisfying the minimum academic qualification.
List of Academic Programmes and Eligibility Criteria
- 3-year Bachelor of Statistics (Hons): Successful completion of 10+2 years of Higher Secondary Education (or its equivalent) with Mathematics and English as subjects. Stipend ₹3000/- per month (Offered at Kolkata).
- 3-year Bachelor of Mathematics (Hons): Successful completion of 10+2 years of Higher Secondary Education (or its equivalent) with Mathematics and English as subjects. Stipend ₹3000/- per month (Offered at Bengaluru).
The written test is waived for applicants who are INMO AWARDEES, based on their performance in the Indian National Mathematics Olympiad (INMO) conducted by the National Board of Higher Mathematics, Department of Atomic Energy, Government of India. Such candidates will be directly called for interviews but are required to apply in the prescribed application form like all other candidates.
Selection Procedure Selection of candidates will be based on their performance in written tests and interviews conducted by the Institute subject to satisfying the minimum academic qualification.
Application Procedure Candidates residing in India can apply only ON-LINE through the official website http://www.isical.ac.in/~admission/. Applicants from outside India are requested to contact the Dean’s office at the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org with subject: Admission 2018- 2019. The Admission Test is conducted at various centres all over India. The overseas candidates are also required to appear in the Admission Test at one of these Test centres.
Applicants should read carefully the Prospectus and the instructions given in the website before filling in the application form.
An applicant must have access to the Internet, an email account, acrobat reader and need to have a digital copy of his/her photo and signature in appropriate format and size (see Prospectus).
Application Fee: ₹ 1000.00 for all applicants in the unreserved (General) category, ₹ 500.00 for reserved (OBC-NCL/SC/ST/PwD) category candidates for all programmes.
Incomplete/Improper Application Forms will be rejected.
- On-line Application Starts-07 February 2018
- On-line Application Ends-09 March 2018
- Payment of Application Fee Starts-09 February 2018
- Payment of Application Fee Ends-11 March 2018
- ISI Admission Test-13 May 2018