COMEDK is the “Consortium of Medical, Engineering and Dental Colleges of Karnataka” – an autonomous institution consisting of senior academicians and reputed administrative officers who have been associated in educational eco system.
FOR UG ENGINEERING COURSES
- a) The qualifying examinations prescribed for admission for B.E. is second PUC or 10+2 Higher Secondary or equivalent examination recognized by State / Central Government; the last two years of study shall comprise of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics with English as a compulsory subject.
- b) The General Merit candidates should have passed with a minimum aggregate of 45% marks (40% in respect of SC, ST and OBC candidates of Karnataka State) in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics and should have passed these subjects individually. Physics and Mathematics are compulsory subjects along with Chemistry or Bio Technology or Biology or Computer Science or Electronics as one of the optional subjects. However, changes, if any, in the eligibility criteria by the AICTE will be adopted.
- c) An attempt in the COMEDK Entrance Test seeking admission to Engineering courses is considered adequate for figuring in the rank list.
- d) Diploma candidates are not eligible to take the Entrance Test as there are no lateral entry admissions.
REGISTRATION AND PROCEDURE FOR MAKING APPLICATION
The Candidates have to register themselves at www.comedk.org. The candidates may access the general instructions and the explanation for filling the required fields through the link in the website www.comedk.org. However, these instructions are reproduced as under.
GENERAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR REGISTRATION
- All the details asked for in Registration /Application form are Mandatory.
- E-mail ID and mobile number should remain the same till the Admission process is completed
- An Email ID once used for Registration online cannot be used again.
- Details given at the time of registration cannot be edited later on in the application form. Please review all details entered at time of registration before CLICKING ON SUBMIT BUTTON and proceeding to application form.
- After successful registration, you will receive the User id and Password on your Mobile Number and Email Id which is unique & system generated. Log in with your unique USER ID and PASSWORD to complete the application process. Click on “Go to Application” button (Right hand top corner) to be directed to Application Form
- Kindly use Internet Explorer(version 10 and above) or Mozilla Firefox(48 and above) or Google Chrome(50 and above) to fill in the Application Form. Also clear your browsing history and cache and retry in case you are facing any technical issue in viewing the details in application form.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR FILLING THE ONLINE APPLICATION FORM
Candidates are advised to go through the below instructions carefully before filling up the online Application Form
- Once the application form is submitted online, request for any change in the data entered in the application form will NOT be entertained; hence the candidates are cautioned to be careful while filling the Online Application Form
- Ensure that Online Application Form is filled properly with all complete details. Click on “PREVIEW” button and re- verify all the particulars in application form before clicking on SUBMIT button.
- Incomplete / incorrect applications are liable to be rejected at any stage without prior information to the candidate.
- Multiple application forms from the same candidate will result in confusion leading to disqualification of the candidate.
TEST SCHEME AND RELATED INFORMATION
The Entrance Test COMEDK UGET-2019 will be conducted only in Computer Based Test (CBT) mode and is mandatory for all candidates seeking admissions to B.E courses in Member Institutions of COMEDK. A merit / rank is generated based on the candidate’s scores in entrance test only
- Medium of Examination will be ENGLISH Only
- Each correct answer will be awarded 1 mark
- There will be no negative marking for wrong answers
- However, in the event of a tie in the test score the principle of least negative responses (Number of wrong answers) will be adopted. In addition, if required, other methods may be adopted to break ties.
- Total Marks would be 180
♦ Start date of application- 16th January 2019 Wednesday
♦ Last date of application submission-19th April 2019 Friday
♦ Start date for download Test Admission Ticket- 3 rd May 2019 Friday
♦ End date for download of Test Admission Ticket- 11th May 2019 Saturday
♦ COMEDK UGET & UniGAUGE 2019 Engineering Entrance Exam 2019- 12th May 2019 Sunday
♦ Test Score cards made available online to the candidates- 27th May 2019 Monday