The International Institute of Information Technology, Hyderabad announced the opening of admissions process to its undergraduate programs for the academic year 2018-19.
Several changes from the past years are being introduced as outlined below.
- JEE Mode: Admissions through the JEE (Main) marks is limited to the single degree programmes only. These are (a) B. Tech. in Electronics and Communication Engineering (ECE), and (b). B. Tech in Computer Science and Engineering (CSE).
- DASA Mode: Direct admission for students abroad will continue as announced in our web site www.iiit.ac.in
- UGEE Mode: Admission to all research-based dual-degree programmes will be through a new mode called UGEE. Admission in this mode is based on an entrance examination followed by an interview. This admission mode is to identify students with a strong aptitude for research.
Applicants who represented India at one of the four olympiads (International Olympiad on Informatics (IOI) / Science Olympiad (Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Astronomy) / Mathematics Olympiad / International Linguistics Olympiad (IOL) / Paninian Linguistics Olympiad (PLO) ) can apply for UGEE and will be called directly for an interview. i.e they do not have to write the UGEE entrance examination.
- SCA Mode: A Special Channel of Admission (SCA) is being introduced from this academic year for single degree B. Tech. (ECE/CSE) programs. This channel is aimed at identifying students with extraordinary talent or background such as:
- selection in the central government scheme UDAAN (https://www.india.gov.in/spotlight/udaan-program-give-wings-girl-students), or
- studying in a six year integrated class XII + Four Year Undergraduate program and completing the second year of study in May 2018. (Example: integrated programs by RGUKT).
Applicants for SCA are required to appear for an entrance examination and interview. Up to 20 seats are available through SCA.
Financial assistance for needy students is being significantly enhanced from this year.
The entrance examination will be conducted in several centres across the country on April 18, 2018. The examination will be fully computer-based.
♦ Application portal for UGEE and SCA modes Opens: February 05, 2018
♦ Application Portal for UGEE and SCA modes Closes: March 15, 2018
♦ Date of Entrance Examination: April 18, 2018
♦ Results of Entrance Examination: 1st week of May, 2018
♦ Interview: 1st week of June, 2018
♦ Application portal for JEE mode Opens: 1 st week of April, 2018
♦ Application portal for DASA mode Opens: 1st week of March, 2018