B.Tech. Programmes offered at Vellore Campus
• Electronics and Communication with spl.in Biomedical
• Civil Engineering
• Chemical Engineering
• Computer Science and Engineering
• Computer Science and Engg with spl. in Bioinformatics
• Computer Science and Engineering with spl. in
• Electronics and Communication Engineering
• Electronics and Communication Engineering with spl. in
Internet of Things and Sensor
• Electrical and Electronics Engineering
• Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering
• Information Technology
• Mechanical Engineering
• Mechanical with spl. in Automotive Engineering
• Mechanical with spl. in Energy Engineering
• Production and Industrial Engineering
• Electronics and Communication with spl.in Sensors &
The applicant for admission should be a Resident / NonResident Indian National/PIO/OCI holder.
PIO/OCI candidates should have studied in schools located in India in the preceding two years
Candidates appearing for the VITEEE-2019 should have either completed or shall be appearing in 2019, in any one of the following qualifying examinations:
• The final examination of the 10+2 system of Higher Secondary Examination conducted by the State Board, Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE, New Delhi), The Council for Indian School Certificate
Examination (ISCE, New Delhi).
• Intermediate or Two-year Pre-University Examination conducted by a recognized Board/ University.
• High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University or International Baccalaureate Diploma of the International Baccalaureate Organisation, Geneva.
• General Certificate Education (GCE) examination (London / Cambridge / Srilanka) at the Advanced (A) level.
• As per VIT norms, NIOS candidates are also eligible to apply. They should submit Migration-Cum-Transfer certificate at the time of admission.
• Candidates who have studied in Regular, Full Time and Formal Education are alone eligible to apply.
• Candidates who have appeared for the +2 exam through different boards in the same academic year are not eligible for VITEEE-2019
Eligibility Criteria in the Qualifyin Examination
• Candidates appearing for the VITEEE-2019 should have secured an aggregate of 60% in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/Biology in the qualifying examination (+2/Intermediate).
• The average marks obtained in the subjects Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics or Biology (PCM/PCB) in +2 (or its equivalent) put together should be 50% for the following categories:
(I) For candidates belonging to SC/ST
Fill in the proforma as given in Annexure VI and have it attested by a competent authority
(II) For candidates hailing from Jammu and Kashmir and the North Eastern states of Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim and Tripura. Fill in the CERTIFICATE TO PROVE NATIVITY
These documents should be produced at the time of counselling, failing which they will not be considered for admission.
Even though the admission is done as per the VITEEE ranking, the candidate has to fulfill the eligibility norms menoned.
• Candidates who have studied Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics are eligible for all the B.Tech. Degree Programmes.
• Candidates who have studied Physics, Chemistry and Biology are eligible for B.Tech. Bioengineering and B.Tech. Biotechnology programmes. They are also eligible for B.Tech. ECE with spl.in Biomedical Engineering , B.Tech. Computer Science and Engineering (Spec.in Bioinformatics) but after joining, registering for Mathematics as bridge course is mandatory.
Candidates whose date of birth falls on or after 1st July 1997 are eligible to apply for VITEEE-2019. The date of birth as recorded in the High School / SSC / X Certificate will be considered authentic. Candidates should produce this certificate in original as proof of their age at the time of counselling, failing which, they will be disqualified.
• The admission will be purely on the basis of the marks secured in the VITEEE-2019, conducted by VIT.
• Candidates who have not appeared for the VITEEE are not eligible for admission.
• Candidates will be short-listed based on their entrance examination rank and will be called for the counselling.
Schedule of VITEEE-2019-Computer Based Test (CBT)
• VIT Engineering Entrance Examination will be conducted in 2ⁿ(or)
3week of April 2019
• The duration of the entrance examination will be of 2 hours 30 minutes.
• The exam will be conducted as 3 sessions per day.
• Exam Timings (IST):
I session – 09.00 am – 11.30 am
II session – 12.30 pm – 03.00 pm
III session – 04.00 pm – 06.30 pm
Examination may be conducted in multiple sessions. However, a candidate is allowed to appear in anyone specified session (PCME/PCBE) only.
Mode of Entrance Examination is CBT only. Please refer www.vit.ac.in from March – 2019 onwards, for slot booking details.
. Pattern of the Entrance Examination – CBT
• All Questions will be of Multiple Choice Question(MCQ).
• PART-I – Physics
• PART-II – Chemistry
• PART-III – Mathematics / Biology
• PART-IV – English
• Candidates attempting Physics,Chemistry, Mathematics & English are eligible for all the B.Tech programmes offered.
• Candidates attempting Physics, Chemistry, Biology & English are eligible for B.Tech. Biotechnology, B.Tech. Bioengineering, B.Tech. CSE (spl.in Bioinformatics) and B.Tech. ECE with spl. in Biomedical Engineering
• The selection of subjects (Physics/Chemistry/Mathematics or Biology/English) has to be mentioned on the application form itself.
• The questions will primarily be from the State Board of Higher Secondary Education and the CBSE syllabus. The syllabus for the Entrance Examination .• Each part has 40 questions and English has 5 questions, with each question carrying one mark.
• Each question is followed by 4 alternative answers. The candidate will have to choose the correct answer and click the same.
• No negative marks for wrong answers.
Language of the Question Paper
The Question paper will be in English only.
Important Instructions pertaining to VITEEE-2019 – CBT(Computer Based Test)
The salient features of the Computer Based Test are:
• The computer is connected to the server, which delivers the encrypted test in real time through a secure and reliable connection.
• It is assumed that the candidate is familiar with the use of a computer like the use of keyboard and mouse operation.
• It is the responsibility of the candidate to acquire these basic computer skills before appearing for the entrance test and the Institution cannot take responsibility for the same.
Candidates should strictly submit only one application to appear for the VITEEE. If more than one application is found, the entire registration will be rejected by VIT.
Online Test Booking System
• Online Test booking system is a web based online scheduling system available at www.vit.ac.in.
• Candidate should first choose the Test City (This should be the same as the one chosen on the application form) the date and the batch for the
• The schedule bookings are done on a ‘first-come-firstserved basis’, and are subject to the availability of the test centre, date and time.
In case of non-booking of slot, the slot will be booked automatically by the Institution based on the information given on the application form.
Online Test Booking Procedure
• While booking your test schedule, please ensure that you have a photocopy of the application form you submitted and the Online Test Booking Password
• A slot once booked cannot be changed. Request for change of test city, date, slot and subject will not be entertained under any circumstances.
• In case of non-availability of slots in the test centre of your choice, the candidate may choose to book a slot in an alternative centre / date.
• The online test booking system is available only for those eligible candidates who have submitted the application form complete in all respects on or before the last date mentioned.
• The confirmation mail will be sent automatically to the candidate’s email address after he / she has booked his / her schedule through the Online Test Booking System.
• Once the booking is complete, the e-Admit card will be generated which needs to be printed by the student from the same page. Reprint option is also available on the same URL link.
Issue of Application Forms – Online
Candidates can also apply online at www.vit.ac.in through the following mode :
(I) Net banking /Credit card/Debit card /Paytm for `1150/- The online applicants need not send the hard copy of the application form to the Institute
ssue of Application Forms – OMR
• The Prospectus and the information brochure for the B.Tech programme, along with the necessary enclosures which include the Application Form and a printed self-addressed envelope, can be obtained against cash payment of `1200/- from the various post offices as given in the VIT website: www.vit.ac.i
Test Cities for VITEEE-2019
The VITEEE – 2019 will be held in 124 cities. The list of Test Cities along with their corresponding codes is found.
• The e-Admit card will be generated once the candidate has booked his/her schedule through the Online Test Booking System.
• The e-Admit card will be auto-generated for only those candidates who book a slot using the Online Test Booking system before the last date. For those who have not booked, slots will be generated based on the information given on the application form and availability of the slot.
• The e-Admit card will indicate the e-Admit card number, photograph of the student, address of the test center, test date and time selected by the candidate. Discrepancies, if any, must be brought to the notice of
• The e-Admit card will be made available for candidates in www.vit.ac.in. Candidate should provide the application form number and Online Test Booking password to download the e-Admit card.
• The copy of the e-Admit card will also be emailed to the candidate
• Candidates must provide a valid email ID on the application form. The e-Admit card will not be despatched to candidates via post or fax
Candidates will not be allowed to attend the test, without the following documents. Candidate should report to the selected test centre with:
1. e-Admit card and
2. Any one of the following for photo identification.
a. School or college Photo ID card
b. Twelfth Standard board exam hall ticket (or) admit card bearing photo
c. Aadhar Card
e. Driving License
f. Voter ID card
g. IT Pan card
Mock / Demo Test :
A mock test will be available to the candidates on the website www.vit.ac.in. This is mainly designed to provide the candidates awareness of the procedure
and to get used to the various components of the exam. The mock test will give the candidate an idea of all the features of the entrance test. The mock test will be in the form of flash file that can be downloaded to the system and the candidate can go through the entire flash file of the demo/mock test
any number of times.
A merit list will be prepared based on the total marks secured in VITEEE-2019.
There is no provision to send the marks of the andidates (selected or unselected) by post. At the time of publication of the results, the rank will be intimated through SMS, if the mobile number of the applicant is provided.
Scholarship under “GV School Development Programme” (GVSDP)