VIT Engineering Entrance Exam
The VIT Engineering Entrance Examination (VITEEE 2018) is conducted by VIT University.The most highly sought after B.Tech degrees from VIT University are achieved by successfully getting through the VITEEE examination conducted every year. The students based on their merit are given a range of options to pursue their under graduation degree. The university currently offers 36 undergraduate programmes inclusive of B.Arch degree (5 years) programme for students willing to pursue Architecture. The admission into the B.Arch degree is procured through a successful NATA score. Many research centres are also part of the schools, which promote inter-departmental collaboration and provide a platform for students to delve into new research projects.
Eligibility Criteria in the Qualifying Examination: Candidates appearing for the VITEEE-2018 should have secured an aggregate of 60% in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/Biology in the qualifying examination (+2/Intermediate).The average marks obtained in the subjects Physics, Chemistryand Mathematics or Biology (PCM/PCB) in +2 (or its equivalent)
put together should be 50% for the SC/ST:
• The admission will be purely on the basis of the marks secured in the VITEEE-2018, conducted by VIT University.
• Candidates who have not appeared for the VITEEE are not eligible for admission.
• Candidates will be short-listed based on their entrance examination rank and will be called for the counselling.
Schedule of VITEEE-2018 – Computer Based Test (CBT)
• VIT Engineering Entrance Examination will be conducted from 04.04.2018 to 15.04.2018
• The duration of the entrance examination will be of 2 hours 30 minutes.
• The exam will be conducted as 3 sessions per day.
• Exam Timings (IST):
I session – 9.00 am – 11.30 am
II session – 12.30 pm – 3 .00 pm
III session – 4.00 pm – 6 .30 pm
Examination may be conducted in multiple sessions. However, a candidate is allowed to appear in anyone specified session (PCME/PCBE) only.
Pattern of the Entrance Examination – CBT
• All Questions will be of Multiple Choice Question (MCQ).
• PART-I – Physics
• PART-II – Chemistry
• PART-III – Mathematics / Biology
• PART-IV – English
• Candidates attempting Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics & English are eligible for all the B.Tech programmes offered.
• Candidates attempting Physics, Chemistry, Biology & English are eligible for B.Tech. Biotechnology, B.Tech. Bioengineering, B.Tech.CSE (spl.in Bioinformatics) and ECE with spl. in Biomedical Engineering programmes.
• The selection of subjects (Physics/Chemistry/ Mathematics or Biology/English) has to be mentioned in the application form itself.
• Each part has 40 questions and English has 5 questions,
with each question carrying one mark.
• Each question is followed by 4 alternative answers. The
candidate will have to choose the correct answer and click
• No negative marks for wrong answers.
• Language of the Question Paper:
The Question paper will be in English only.
VITEEE exam cities 2018 in India:
|States||Exam Cities||Centre Codes|
|Andaman and Nicobar Islands||Port Blair||101|
|Arunachal Pradesh||Ita Nagar||112|
|Jammu and Kashmir||Jammu||136|
Issue of Application Forms – Online
Candidates can also apply online at www.vit.ac.in through the following mode :
(i) Net banking /Credit card/Debit card `1150/- (Inclusiveof GST)
(ii) Demand Draft mode-50USD for NRI candidates. Send the hard copy of the application form along with the demand draft to the University.
The online applicants need not send the hard copy of the application form to the University.
VITEEE Important Dates 2018
The schedule of VITEEE 2018 has been declared by VIT University. Aspirants can check VITEEE important dates 2018 in the table given below.
|S.No.||VITEEE 2018 Events||VITEEE Important Dates 2018|
|1.||Availability of VITEEE 2018 online application form||November 1, 2017|
|2.||Availability of VITEEE offline application form||November 9, 2017|
|3.||Last date to submit VITEEE online and offline application form||February 28, 2018|
|4.||Online slot booking for VITEEE 2018||Third week to fourth week of March 2018|
|5.||Availability of VITEEE admit card 2018||Third week to fourth week of March 2018|
|7.||VIT Engineering Entrance Examination (VITEEE 2018)||April 4 to 15, 2018|
|8.||VITEEE 2018 Entrance exam result||On or before April 25, 2018 (Tentative)|
|9.||Commencement of Counselling||Second week of May 2018|
VITEEE 2018 Schedule
Candidates can check the time schedule for VITEEE 2018 in the table given below.
|Sessions||Timings of VITEEE 2018|
|Session I||9.00 am to 11:30 am|
|Session II||12:30 am to 3.00 pm|
|Session III||4.00 pm to 6.30 pm|